a

Monday 5 September 2016

Algebra at Tamaki College

Terminology

Expressions - Mathematical term for no equal sign
Variable - Mathematical term for letters
Coefficient - Mathematical term for number before the letter
Constant - Mathematical term for the number all by itself

When variables are the same, we call them like terms
When adding like terms keep the variable the same.

2a+5a= 7a
4c+5c= 9c
7p-4p= 3p
ab+2ab= 3ab

“Maths eyes”
If there is no number next to the letter the it always means one

2a+4c+5c+5a=
7a+9c

4b+3g+2b+6g= 15bg :(
Not allowed.

If the letters are not the same then keep them separate.
Algedra must be in alphabetical order.

3f+2g+4f+7g=
7f+9g

2a+3a2+4a=
Correct: 3a2 + 6a
If there is a exponent then it stays separate.

Today at Tamaki College we learnt this in maths class B12. I really enjoyed today and would like to come to this school.
I found out to get the little two then highlight it and push control dot. I recently learnt how to do it. If you want to do any challenges then go to freerice.com It donates rice to kids who haven't eaten for days. There's always something to learnt. That's what Miss Dunn said.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your scratch ahmed rm 9

Anonymous said...

what 10c+10c ahmed
rm9

Anonymous said...

You can explin how to do it.
ahmed rm9

Anonymous said...

You can explin how to do it.
ahmed rm9

Anonymous said...

Wow i'm glad you guys are able to do those types of maths because I'm sure I can't. I don't think anyone in our school except for the teachers would be able to do that. Maybe you could teach us how to do them.

Anonymous said...

Max Room 11

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm glad you can do that type of math's because I know I cant, but maybe you should explain more what you have learnt. Racheal Rm8

Anonymous said...

wow how can you guy do those type of maths.
It look like a stage 8,9 or 10
By Kevin

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so blown away by your maths I hope you can put some more up of those maths!
Also as soon as I got on the blog I saw that witch was WOW!
Kanye Room 8

Anonymous said...

I am amazed how much thinking you had to do for this maths. I haven't come across algebra before but I like our introduction to it and the way you define it and give examples. I think I am going to have to practice my maths a lot more before I can be this good. It seems very complicated Jack A Rm12 HES

Post a Comment